Related Categories: | George Accommodation | George Travel & Tourism |
Category Listings <-> infoHUB
- Garden Route Mall
For that shopping experience to choose from 132 shops. With majors like Edgars, Woolworths, Game, Pick `n Pay, Sterkinekor cinema and a great selection of restaurants, fast food outlets, clothing and shoe shops. There is no problem with parking, they provide 2800 parking bays. With convinient shopping hours to suit everyone.
- The Outeniqua Choo Tjoe
South Africa's last scheduled mixed steam train service and operates on the Outeniqualand Preserved Railway between George and Mossel Bay in the heart of the Garden Route.
- Victoria Bay - 9km east of central George, is world-renowned for its surfing, particularly during the winter months from June to August.
- Herolds Bay - a natural beauty spot 18km southwest of the George city centre, is popular for bathing, safe tidal pool swimming and fishing.
- Wilderness - renowned for its vast stretch of beaches, natural rivers, lakes and estuaries, this pristine coastline is ideal for bird watching and outdoor activities.
- Outeniqua Country Hop
Winding up from the delightful Herold's Bay on the R404, turning off through farmlands to explore strawberry and herb farms, cheese and candle making, while children and adults alike can enjoy the great outdoors, strawberry picking, horse riding and bird sanctuary.
- Outeniqua Transport Museum
This houses a large collection of steam locomotives and carriages dating back to bygone years. The Museum offers hours of exploration and intrigue while children can enjoy a ride on the miniature steam train. The Museum also serves as the departure and arrival point of the Outeniqua Choo Tjoe and Outeniqua Power Van.
- Garden Route Botanical Garden
This has become a conservation and environmental education hub for the Southern Cape of South Africa. The Cape Floral Kingdom is one of the richest, smallest and most threatened floral kingdoms on Earth.
- The Cango Caves
These are known far and wide as a magnificent series of natural caves and stretch to unknown depths in the limestone mountains near Oudtshoorn. Among the top 10 most visited South African attractions, the Cango Caves are a phenomenal sight and not to be missed.
Hikes in and around George provide a number of wonderful views over George and the coast and expose one to the indigenous fynbos of the area. These include the three routes of the Groene Weide forest walks, starting at Saasveld College at the northern point of one of the golf courses and George Peak and Cradock’s Peak trails, difficult walks but worth it for the sheer magnetism of the views.
- Bird WatchingThe 2500ha Wilderness National Park consists of 5 lakes, 5 rivers, 2 estuaries and 28km of beach. This sensitive ecosystem creates a wetland of international importance. Adjoining this is the Goukamma Nature Reserve.
Advertise your George Attraction in the infoHUB Business Directory & Information Portal.
Attractions -- Accommodation establishments in South Africa are graded by the TGSA. This includes: George Backpackers & Youth Hostels, George Bed and Breakfasts, George Caravan Parks, George Game Lodges, George Guest Houses & Lodges, George Hotels & Resorts, George Self Catering Accommodation...